Monday, December 21, 2015

Goodbye to the Longest Night

As dawn arrives, I feel a sense of relief and gratitude that the longest night is over.

The birth of the sun brings a sense of hope that I will be brought out of the darkness that has enveloped me since July.

A peace is settling into my bones as I realize that I am in the right place and doing the right things and I've surrendered any ideas of perfection or of making a big impact out in the world. Newly sainted Mother Teresa said that if we want to bring peace to the world, we should start at home with our families. So, I do what I can in my little area, making things peaceful for my brother and for myself.

What a gift our Mother gave us. To be able to live here where we grew up. To have such solitude as I've faced the darkness has afforded insights that I couldn't have had otherwise. To rest in the darkness has been a blessing. To empty myself of the tears over and over. To wail and to moan with no worries of frightening others. To hug my brother and be Mom's advocate to him. Priceless, priceless gifts.

I am so thankful for this Solstice morning as I write this blog in the glow of candlelight with the dawn seeping through the blinds.

I pray that the Light fills you deeply and wholly.

Blessed Solstice.

8 comments:

  1. What lovely and peaceful words you weave my lovely Sister! Yes, indeed! You are bringing peace and love to your part of the Forest. What a world we would live in if each of us did the same! Blessed be on this Holy Day of Yule! Love you Lisa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sister. I love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Your words are wise and comforting. May this year bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Gale. Blessings to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words are not only deep feelings revealed but poetry spoken as well. Lovely post, Lisa. Things are as they should be and with time, you will know in your soul that you are special. You have been chosen to bring light where there was darkness. Love you much, girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you, too, Judie!!! Thank you for your beautiful words. They filled my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely to hear from you, Lisa! Happy New Year!
    Thank you for your lovely comment - I've left a reply :)
    Here's to 2016 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete