Friday, August 14, 2015

I have been dealing with fatigue. There's a heaviness in my chest like you feel when you're sick, fevered, and it would not go away.

This morning I received a facebook message from the Education Coordinator from my beloved Montessori school. As I read her kind and loving words, I realized and faced the loss I was feeling. The floodgates opened and I truly let myself cry about this loss of my own life. And the heaviness is gone, I think.

I've been denying how much it hurts, as if it would somehow sully the proper grieving for my mom. But the fact is, I am mourning several huge losses all at once and they all hurt. Knowing that this coworker truly understood and truly cared allowed me to really dig into it and release some of the built-up energy. I can finally take a deep breath.

Today may just be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment