Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Tonight I am grateful.

I am so grateful for friends who have reached out and family, too. I'm grateful that the routine is falling into place with Tony. I am grateful that he laughs when he gets ice cream and hugs and kisses. I know he misses Mom but he is adjusting and accepting me and I'm so grateful for that.

I am grateful for my sister friends who buoy me up when I feel I will sink into the depths of despair.

I am grateful for Dan who has been so understanding as I have mourned Patrick's death.

I am grateful that he will eventually join me here.

I am grateful that my kids are safe and happy.

I am so sorry that the two people in Roanoke died from a senseless temper tantrum and I'm sorry that their families and the whole world watched it happen and will have those moments etched in their minds. I am grateful that the woman being interviewed has survived being shot.

I am grateful that there is still time to love so many people in my life and to really know how important it is. More important than anything.

Do I wish I had really understood it earlier? Oh yes. Yes. But I suspect it is possible to get through life without realizing it so I'm grateful that I have and in time to show some amazing people how much I care and how awesome they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment